Thank you for being part of the AMI HUB community. The AMI is committed to ensuring that the Hub remains a welcoming venue for members to learn, share knowledge and connect with one another. To maintain this environment, it is our expectation that AMI members uphold the Hub code of conduct. This code should not be seen as all-inclusive, but rather to give members a general idea of the guidelines one should follow.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have thoroughly read and agree to the following Rules and Community Etiquette Guidelines:
- Be generous with ideas while being kind to others. Ideas, viewpoints, solutions, and technologies posted by others must be met with kindness and respect for their thoughts and opinions.
- Foster useful and dynamic discussions. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions and best practices. Accept critique and offer it constructively; approach discussions with an open mind and be willing to learn.
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Stay on topic and don’t derail the conversation. Keep the discussion centered on the initial topic and do not engage in dialogue that shifts the focus. If another topic arises that is fruitful to explore, start another thread with a new subject line.
- Respect freedom of expression. Discussion and debate are encouraged. AMI promotes genuine inquiry that can build trusting relationships and a safe, respectful, and supportive environment.
- Consider and take responsibility for the impact of communications. Impact matters more than intent, especially when the absence of nonverbal cues or voice tone means that statements (humor in particular) can easily be interpreted as aggressive or negative.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. AMI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
Community Etiquette Guidelines
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Refrain from posting administrative messages or requests for support from AMI staff in the Hub. These should be directed to email@example.com.
- Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore be clear who you are and who you work for when posting. When posting a communication or portion of a communication that originated as private correspondence, you must remove all identifying information regarding the original sender. Posting of unauthorized private or personal information either within or outside of the HUB is prohibited.
- If sharing any communication or portion of a communication originating on the HUB outside of the HUB, you must remove all identifying information regarding the original poster.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
The AMI Hub communities are provided as a benefit to AMI members. The AMI is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. AMI disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by AMI or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall AMI be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening (including legal threats), offensive, or illegal materials. Plagiarism/piracy of any nature will not be tolerated. Posting material protected by copyright or trademark laws by anyone other than the person posting the material requires permission from the copyright/trademark holder.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AMI does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to AMI's attention, AMI will take all appropriate action.
AMI reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
Reporting Rule Violations
If you become aware of a rule or guideline violation or other unacceptable behavior on the AMI Hub, please notify AMI staff as soon as possible. All reported concerns will be treated seriously and handled via the following procedure.
- Alleged violations of any rule/guideline will be handled by an email, private message or phone call communicated to the member that explains the alleged violation that is being investigated.
- The AMI Ethics Subcommittee will be provided the details of the alleged violation. All efforts will be made to keep the identity of the complainant confidential.
- The posting in question, as well as the member’s Hub account may be put into moderation during the Ethics Subcommittee’s review. While in moderation, the post and any subsequent posts will not be visible to members of the online Hub community. A message will be posted from headquarters noting that the post is in moderation.
- If the posting in question is determined to violate the Hub Code of Conduct; it will remain non-visible to members of the online Hub community; If the posting in question is determined to not violate the Hub Code of Conduct, it may be made visible with no further commenting permitted.
Consequences for Rule Violations
If a violation of the Hub Code of Conduct is found, the following actions will be taken:
- First incident: Posting member(s) will be contacted privately with the determination of the Ethic Subcommittee’s review and a written warning.
- Second incident: Posting member may be subject to a three-month period of moderation on the HUB.
- Third incident: Posting members may be subject to immediate and permanent suspension from all communities on the AMI HUB.
- AMI reserves the right to implement immediate and permanent suspension, in lieu of progressive punishment, if, in AMI’s reasonable but sole judgment, the nature of the violation so justifies such action.
- AMI reserves the right to edit or delete a post. However, AMI generally will not edit or delete posts for members, unless there has been a severe violation of the Hub Code of Conduct.
If a member feels that punishments have been unfairly instituted, an appeal may be submitted in writing to the AMI Ethics Subcommittee.
Appeals should include the following pieces of information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Full disclosure of any previous violations.
- Why you feel the previous decision should be overturned, include any relevant or supporting evidence.
Any personal information you provide to AMI, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of AMI’s organization, except as noted below.
With Whom Does AMI Share the Personal Information it Collects Through This Site:
Government and Legal Disclosures
AMI may disclose the personal information it collects through this Site, when it, in good faith, believes disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce these Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of AMI, its users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While AMI will use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to AMI, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through this site have separate data and privacy practices independent of AMI, and, therefore, AMI disclaims any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information or questions regarding these guidelines, please contact AMI Headquarters.